Pork loin cuts & produce update
Pork Loin Cuts
Never sure what cuts to choose? Here are a few tips for cuts from the pork loin — the leanest & most tender part of the pig. If cooking pork chops has been a challenge for you in the past, try out our easy pork chop recipe, which works great with all chop cuts!
- Sirloin Pork Chop: Contains several different muscle groups ・ Delicious braised or stewed
- Center Cut Pork Chop: Very tender and milder flavor ・ Delicious seared or grilled
- Pork Steaks (Shoulder Chops): The most affordable cut because it’s tougher than others — but very juicy ・ Delicious braised, barbecued, or brined
- Loin roasts: The best cut for roasting!
- Tenderloin: Lean and boneless, so don't overcook・Delicious roasted, seared, sautéed, or used in stir-fry
Our pigs are raised in wooded pasture with no antibiotics. They enjoy seasonal acorns, walnuts, and mulberries, along with organic feed — including oats from our farm. Raising pork as nature intended has plenty of benefits, from delicious meat and better nutrient profile to environmental sustainability. Read more about our pastured pork.
This week's produce selection includes:
- Acorn Acres Farm squash/pumpkins (mixed heirloom varieties)
- Fairstream Farms carrots & sunchokes
- Middleberry Patch frozen blackberries
The heavy snow has presented some challenges. Stay tuned for updates, and if you haven't already done so, sign up for email to have our weekly update delivered to your inbox.