Come for a visit!
We've been raising good food with natural and sustainable practices since 1969. We believe high-quality, nutrient-dense food is integral to good health and quality of life, and we enjoy sharing the bounty of our farm with our local community, from Northwest Indiana to Southwest Michigan and Chicago/suburbs.
We offer fresh produce, grass-fed beef, pastured pork, pastured soy-free poultry and eggs, grass-fed lamb, and lots more — including honey, artisan grass-fed cheese, sprouted grain bread, local kombucha, organic dried mushrooms, and wholesome pantry goods.
Other Stops in Chesterton, IN
We're at 1505 S Calumet Rd. Chesterton, IN — just a few minutes from I-94, the Indiana Toll Road, Rte 20, Rte 12, & the Indiana Dunes.
If you're making the drive to see us, you might enjoy these other stops — all within 10 minutes of our shop!
- Sander’s Dairy: Raw milk, Indiana cheese, Amish butter, & more (7 mins south of us)
- Nature’s Cupboard: Specialty grocery store with local goods, supplements, juice bar, & more (5 mins north on Indian Boundary)
- Coffee Creek Farmers Market: Producer-only seasonal outdoor market on Wednesdays (4 mins south in the Coffee Creek Watershed Preserve)
- Chesterton's European Market: Outdoor seasonal variety market (4 mins north — downtown)
- Tiger Lily Cafe: Bakery & cafe with vegan as well as traditional options (right next to our shop)
- Albano's Pasta Shop: Handmade pasta to eat in or carry out, including some dishes made with our meat (4 mins north — downtown)
- Ivy’s Bohemia House: Eclectic menu, scratch-made pastry case, & beer/wine/cocktails (4 mins north — downtown)
- Octave Grill: Gourmet grass-fed beef burgers & beer/wine/cocktails (4 mins north — downtown)
- Lemon Tree: Mediterranean bowls, salads, and sandwiches (5 mins north on Indian Boundary)
- Third Coast Café: Breakfast & lunch, with gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options (5 mins north on Indian Boundary)
Beer & Wine
- Hunter's Brewing: Nanobrewery with traditional & creative beers & light vegetarian menu (100 feet north of us)
- Butler Winery: Wine made with Indiana grapes (4 mins north — downtown)
If you'd like to stock your freezer for the season, get in touch and we'll be happy to box up your order. Depending on availability and your preferred cuts, we can offer discounts on bulk purchases. Get in touch:
Hope to see you soon!
Acorn Acres Farm Store
Tiger Lily Shopping Center, 1505 S. Calumet Rd., Chesterton, IN 46304
Thursday・10 am - 5 pm
Friday・10 am - 5 pm
Saturday・ 10 am - 4 pm
(We're closed Sunday - Wednesday because we're staying busy on the farm! We hope to add an extra day in spring/summer 2018.)